What Can I Do?
Take the next step to help preserve historic sites:
– Visit www.historicwilmington.org for more information about how you can help save historic buildings using the state and federal preservation tax credits or preservation easements.
– Visit the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office website for information www.hpo.ncdcr.gov and the website of Preservation North Carolina www.presnc.org
– Call or email Historic Wilmington Foundation with your questions, ideas and suggestions about heritage preservation.
– Attend public hearings to learn more about issues such as affordable housing and preservation zoning.
– Encourage the owners of threatened historic property to carefully evaluate alternatives to demolition.
– Let affordable housing developers know that you prefer the rehabilitation and reuse of older historic houses to demolition.
– Attend a service at St. Peter & St. Paul Church, or any historic church and contribute to their preservation fund.
– Contact Historic Wilmington and donate a preservation easement on your historic building.
– Volunteer to help care for an historic cemetery, or form a friends group for the cemetery.
– Urge government leaders to restore and maintain historic buildings rather than demolish them.
– Support Historic Wilmington Foundation and our work by becoming a member of the Foundation and/or by making a contribution.